River: 石神井川 Shakujii-gawa しゃくじいがわ
- Water system: Arakawa
- Source: Koganei Golf Course 小金井ゴルフ場 (map)
- Length: 25.2 km
Areas of interest:
- Oji (and nearby Asukayam park and people mover…)
- Arakawa streetcar
- Nakai station
- Near Tokiwadai, an old planned village
- Shitanoyaiseki Park 下野谷遺跡公園: Jomon Period archaeological site with a recreation of a pit-dwelling frame 竪穴住居の骨格.
- Fujimi pond 富士見池
Many parts of the river have undergone river straightening, as seen in this series of aerial photos:
- 1945-50: meandering
- 1961-64: straightened
- 1974-78: Toei Kamishakujii Apartments (many danchi were built on reclaimed land or the former path of rivers).